Sunday, November 10, 2013

crafting is a habit : Gallery Wall

Inspired by the abundance of gallery walls that seem to be popping up in interiors everywhere, I decided to take my house's art situation (or lack there of) into my own hands. I have observed that the key to a solid gallery wall is not necessarily the quality of artwork itself but how the different pieces work together. So, I decided to start with a couple of contributions, understanding that my gallery wall will be a work in progress, and hoping that it will grow from there organically.

To find provisions, I started with Adkins Architectural Antiques, one of the top architectural salvage dealers in not only Houston but the country. There, I sifted through loads of antique relics and ultimately landed on a number of antique postcards and matchbooks from across the country. Check out the final products...

Vintage Match Book Shadow Box

What you'll need:
-Shadow Box
-Bright Colored Background Paper
-Matchbooks
-Mounting Tape 



Vintage Post Card Framed Collection

What you'll need:
-Vintage Post Cards
-Background Paper
-Spring Clip Frames
-Double Stick Tape

Crafty Sunday - 4

Crafty Sunday - 5    Crafty Sunday - 6

My Inspiration

Gallery Wall 5 

Gallery Wall 6

Gallery Wall 3

Gallery Wall 2

Gallery Wall 1 

Gallery Wall 8

stay tuned...
PTDC0062_2

No comments:

Post a Comment